Friday 20 March 2015

Positivity

Today I'm going to do a different type of post. If you know me in real life (offline) you know that I have been sick for almost 10 weeks now. Sometimes it's hard to be positive when all I can do is lie in bed day after day and it seems like I'm never going to be back to normal. But I have learned that having a positive outlook in a bad situation is the best thing I can do. 

 When life gets stressful or difficult our positivity is sometimes the first thing we forget about when in fact I think your mindset and happiness is one of the most important things in life. 

Everyone has bad days or even weeks but I promise you that it gets better. Whatever situation you're in that is putting you in this bad mood, it will pass and everything will be ok. 
I compiled a list of ten things you can do if you're in a bad mood, ten things that help me stay positive. 


1. Happy jar
This sounds really silly and stupid but it really helps me get through tough times. I have a jar that I call my happy jar. Whenever I see a quote that makes me smile, if I did something with a friend that made me happy or inside jokes that I have with my friends I'll write it down on a piece of paper and put it into my jar. When I'm not in good form I'll pick out a few pieces of paper from the jar and it always puts a smile on my face, 


2. Get some fresh air 
Going for a walk or jog, whatever takes your fancy will clear your head and will turn your frown upside down. Exercise might not sound very inviting but you'll feel great and be in a good mood afterwards. 


3. Talking to a friend
A simple conversation with a friend can be a great pick me up. A true friend can really help you be positive and change your mood completely. 


4. Pamper yourself 
Paint your nails, use a face mask, have a bath and kick back and relax. Pampering yourself will help you feel better if you're in a bad mood and you can never go wrong with a bit of a pamper. 



5. Do something you love 
If you love baking, watching movies or playing sport do anything that you love doing. Keeping yourself busy will help you to forget what's on your mind and since you're doing something you love it'll help you be positive. 


6. Listen to music 
Music can really change someone's mood. So turn up some tunes and have a dance party if you want. Listening to good music that you love can get rid of your bad mood and keep you thinking positively. I'm loving Hozier's album at the moment! 

7. Wear something you feel confident in 
If you're leaving the house wear you're favourite pair of jeans and that top that you look fab in. If you're wearing the new skirt you bought last week that's really uncomfortable you're not going to feel your best. Wearing your old reliable comfortable clothes will help you feel more confident which will leave you feeling more positive. 


8. Eat some chocolate 
Chocolate fixes everything for me. If you are like me and have a sweet tooth a few squares of chocolate can really help you through a bad day. 

9. Rant to a friend 
This is definitely one of my fortes in life. Ranting to a friend and telling them what's on your mind will lift a weight of your shoulders. A problem shared is a problem halved. 


10. Smile
As cheesy as it sounds a simple smile can help change your mood and help you to be positive. So force yourself to smile for ten seconds and I promise you'll be feeling a bit better. 

I know this was a very different type of post but I'll be back with a beauty post next week. I hope ye enjoyed it. 
Ailbhe x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig