Friday 20 October 2017

Ramen Asian Street Food

If you're living in Cork and have never heard of Ramen I honestly think you've been living under a rock. I'm really surprised that I've never done a blogpost about this place, although I have mentioned it on my social media time and time again. Today I'm going to show ye one of my favourite places to eat in Cork. 

Ramen is an Asian street food restaurant that started off in Anglesea Street in Cork (that's where I took these photos) and has now spread to Dennehy's Cross, Midelton, Ballincollig, Douglas, Wexford and Limerick. 
The concept is really simple, amazing Asian food that is both delicious and is made quick so it can be taken away or eaten in. All of the food comes in takeaway containers so it's so easy to take home your leftovers (thats what I always do because the portions are on the big side). And the best thing? With every meal you get an ice cream cone that you pull yourself!
The food itself is really reasonably priced, most things are €11/€12 but every day they pick a dish to be the '6 Before 6' so if you buy this certain dish before 6pm you only pay €6. 
They also deliver which is incredibly handy and with all of their locations you're more than likely to be close enough to one.
They have a load of good options on the menu and also cater for vegetarians and vegans. Most dishes come with the option to have it with chicken, beef, tofu or prawns so there is definitely something to suit all tastes. Everything tastes so good and not like the typical takeaway, their food is honestly unreal, so tasty. My favourite dishes would have to be Pad Thai, Khao Pad or else the Sweet and Sour (that's what I got this time round).
You can probably tell from the pictures how cool the interior of the place is. Dennehy's Cross has a really cool downstairs to the restaurant, they have music videos playing and a football table, definitely my favourite branch. 
Affordable, tasty food that's in a cool decorated space with friendly staff and witty social media accounts, does that make you want to try Ramen if you haven't before? Hope you enjoyed the post,
Ailbhe x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice post! I actually loved the food there, it was such a good price for decent food. My favourite part had to be getting the ice-cream at the end.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice wasnt it?! Another reason why you'll have to come back down to Cork!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. mycfavisit

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig