Friday 12 June 2015

In Love With Ginger


If you've been reading my blog for a while you might have noticed that I did a tutorial this time last year with the same lipstick. Well, it's making a comeback! Summertime is a prefect time for a bright lip. Although I am using the same lipstick, the overall look is quite different. Dewy skin with a bronze eye and a pop of orange on the lip. Lets get started!


Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - Light Porcelain
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair
Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer - 51
Maybeline Brow Drama - Dark Blonde
Maybeline Colour Tatoo - On And On Bronze
Topshop Duo Eyeshadow - Woodland Walk
Rimmel Extra Super Lash - Brown/Black
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - In Love With Ginger


Using a damp makeup sponge I applied a light layer of foundation to freshly
cleansed skin.  I recently picked this foundation up and I absolutely love it. It feels
light on the skin but has a medium build able coverage. 


I then added some concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes.
 Once again blending it out with the damp sponge. This concealer from
 Collection is a must have item for me. 


I combed a tinted brow gel through my eyebrows to add a small bit of colour
 and shape. I find pencil doesn't last as long in comparison to gel in the hot summer months. 


To add some warmth to my complexion I dusted some of this amazing 
smelling  bronzer around the perimeter of my face. It isn't a very heavily pigmented bronzer which is great for us pale skinned gals. However it is easily buildable. 


To start the eyes I used a my holy grail cream eyeshadow. It adds a bit 
of colour to the lid and primes the lid at the same time.


Using a small flay brush I brought the cream eyeshadow under the lash line. 
This adds a bit of smokiness to the look.


With the bronzer I used before I swept some into my crease 
to create a bit of definition. 


Using a domed shadow brush I took some of the darker shadow in the
 Topshop duo and blended it onto my outer corner. 


Once again I dragged the shadow onto the outer corner of my lash line. 


With the lighter shadow of the same duo I popped some into my inner 
corner to highlight and open my eyes.


After curling my lashes I applied two coats of mascara. I use a brown/black 
mascara as it doesn't look as harsh as black on pale skin. 


To finish off the look I used a poppy orange lipstick, straight from 
the bullet to add a pop of colour. And we're done!





A light summer makeup look that is perfect for any summer event. 


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. What's your go to summer lipstick?
Ailbhe x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig