Friday 11 December 2015

Festive Features


It's officially the Christmas season and we all know that means family 
gatherings and Christmas parties. I decided that I would share with ye 
today how I create my go to festive makeup, so let's get started!



Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
Mabelline The Eraser Eye Concealer - Brightner
Covergirl 3in1 Foundation - Ivory
Rimmel Radiance BB Cream - Very Light
NYC Bronzer - Sunny
MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter - Opalescent Amber
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transclucent
Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Mascara - Dark Blonde
Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil - Dark Blonde
Maybelline Colour Tattoo - On and On Broze
Urban Decay Basics Palette 
No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow - Mink
Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl Liner - Cocoa Bean
Benefit They're Real Mascara - Brown
Clinique Pop Lips  - Nude Pop and Cherry Pop



  To start everything off I applied a silicone primer to make sure everything lasts and I placed a salmon coloured concealer under my eyes. I then mixed a heavier coverage foundation with a dewy bb cream to create a medium coverage glow base. I buffed it into my skin and then used a damp sponge to make sure everything was nicely blended.




 I dusted some bronzer around the perimeter of my face to add some colour and depth. To add some more glow I allied rose gold toned highlighter to the high points of my face. I then set everything in place with a translucent mattifying powder.



I already filled in my brows with a tinted gel and pencil so I went straight in with a cream shadow. I blended this all over the lid and under the lower lash line. This gave some colour and made sure everything stayed in place all night. 




Taking a mid tone brown I blended this into the crease of my eye.
I then took a darker brown on a denser brush and put that into my outer 
corner to add some depth and dimension.



 Taking the star of the show, a sparkly cool tone brown shadow I applied it to my
 lid and made sure to blend everything together. I also popped it under my lower lash line. 




 To finish off the eyes I lined my upper waterline with a dark brown pencil, curled my lashes and applied a few coats of mascara on both my upper and lower lashes.





Now onto the lips! I had two options, a nude and a red. Both look fab with the rest of the makeup it's up to you whether you would like a bold red lip or a neutral natural lip.
I applied the nude lipstick straight from the bullet whereas I applied the red with a precise lip brush before I applied it from the bullet.










And we're done! A nice clean dewy complexion with a cool
 toned sparkly eye and either a nude or red lip. 



Which is your favourite, the nude or red lip? Let me know in the comments below!
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You're a beautiful girl- great makeup look :)

    http://katelynmcphee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig