Friday 1 January 2016

My Skincare Routine

The New Year means a new start, a clean slate. So why not get back onto the band wagon and commit yourself to a full skincare routine as your skin might need a bit of love after the festive season. Because of this I decided to share my skincare routine with ye today.

To start off, my skin is fairly normal teenage skin. Oily T zone, some dry patches, and spots. In a skincare product I look for something to help battle these breakouts without drying my skin out too much. I have been using this routine for a while now and my skin really likes it. If a product works for me it may not work for you, just because skin is so personal. So let's get started! 




Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
To start everything off if I am wearing makeup I will use this hot cloth cleanser. I only picked it up recently and I love it. I found that micellar waters weren't taking every bit of makeup off my skin so I decided to try this out as it is a cult product. I really love this as it's easy to use and removes every single bit of makeup. I apply to dry skin and then use a damp flannel to remove it.

Lush Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser
If I wasn't wearing makeup that day or else it is the morning this would be the first step to my routine. It's just a basic cleanser that doesn't add too much moisture but isn't harsh on the skin either. I simply massage it on my wet skin and wash it away with water. My skin feels nice and fresh without feeling tight which is what I love most about this product.

La Roche Posay Serozinc
I know it's mad but I like to use two toners, this being the first. I spritz this all over my skin and leave it to dry. I love this product as it really helps with bacterial breakouts. I always notice my skin breaks out when I stop using this so I always go back to it.




Lush Eau Roma Toner Water
This is the second toner I use once the Serozinc has sunk into my skin. A few spritzes all over my skin and again I wait for it to dry before applying my next product. This is a very gentle moisturising toner. It completely calms my skin down and adds a tiny bit of moisture which is fab.

Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream
Once my toners are dry I apply my eye cream. I know I don't have to worry about anti-ageing etc but the skin around my eyes can get quite dry and sensitive after removing makeup. I pop a bit of this under around my eye using my ring finger as that is the softest finger. This eye cream has a slight tint to it so it brightens the under eye area a small bit which is what I love most about it.

L'occitane Pivoine Sublime Perfecting Cream
I tried out this moisturiser in October and I loved it so much! It is perfect for my skin as it adds the necessary amount of moisture but doesn't clog my pores. I have never tried any of L'occitane's products but I am really interested in trying some more in the future.



Lush Mask Of Magnaminty
Twice a week I will use this mask after I cleanse my skin. I discovered this product this year and it has quickly become a holy grail product. It calms breakouts down but doesn't dry out my skin which I find most masks targeted towards spots do. It's bright green and also smells amazing which makes it even better!

Sudocrem/Lush Grease Lightening
I don't apply a spot treatment every night but if I do I will either use Sudocrem or Grease Lightening. Sudocrem is a classic Irish spot treatment. It dose the job and isn't too harsh. I like using this is my skin feels sensitive or a bit dry. If I have a bad breakouts I will use Lush's Grease Lightening. It reduces the size and swelling of the blemish overnight which is amazing. It can be quite harsh so I don't use it if my skin feels any bit sensitive.

What is your favourite skincare product?
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the Angle's on Bare Skin cleanser from Lush! I sometimes use it as a face mask if I'm in need of a deep cleansing as it never leaves my skin feeling tight and dry! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Angle's on Bare Skin cleanser from Lush! I sometimes use it as a face mask if I'm in need of a deep cleansing as it never leaves my skin feeling tight and dry! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig