Tuesday 28 June 2016

Beauty Buys

I know you don't usually hear from me during the week, but I have decided to upload twice a week since my exams are over and I'm free for the summer! So every Tuesday and Friday there will be a new blogpost at 7pm (GMT). If you have any requests or ideas of blogposts you would like to see please let me know either in the comments section or on my social media.
Today I am going to share some of my recent beauty buys with you that have quickly turned into favourites. So todays post is kind of like a haul and a favourites all in one, basically to catch ye up on the products I have been recently loving. 

 Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion
After finishing a body butter I had from Soap & GloryI really wanted to try out one of their body lotions. It was really hard to pick a scent because they all smell incredible! In the end I went for this gorge fruity smelling one. The scent lasts so well on the skin, which I haven't found in any other body lotion. It's very moisturising and nourishing but sinks into the skin quickly without leaving a sticky residue. I highly recommend giving this a sniff the next time you're in Boots because it isn't as sweet and overpowering as the original Soap & Glory scent.

Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Body Lotion
I picked up this gradual tan in May just before my graduation. I am someone who has never used tan and I don't tan naturally so I'm a walking snowman. I wanted to find something that looked very natural and just added some colour to my legs for the night of graduation. First of all this smells amazing, it doesn't have that tan smell ay all. With a few applications I had a lovely colour and didn't look as blue toned pale as I usually do. I highly recommend it for anyone who, like me, doesn't like the look of tan but wants to inject a bit of colour into their limbs.

L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil in Cream
I am an avid user of hair oil, they calm down frizz and nourish my hair. When I saw that they brought out a cream oil I was very intrigued. I picked it up on offer so it was even better value than it is usually. It is quite an interesting texture. It almost melts into your hair, the way an oil would but it doesn't leave that weird slippy texture on your hands. A small bit definitely goes a long way with this. I think it is so much easier to use than a traditional hair oil but does the same thing to your hair. I love using this after I dry my hair to eliminate frizz, add shine, and add some moisture.
Wet Brush Detangling Brush - Metallic Red
It was finally time to replace my beloved Tangle Teezer as it was so old and kind of disgusting! I wanted to try a Wet Brush but they are quite expensive. One day my Dad actually found this beauty supply shop called Flair. He brought me home a catalogue and they had the Wet Brushes (along with other fab products) for half the price that they usually retail at. So I sent my Dad to pick one up for me. The sales assistant picked out the red one for me as my blog's name is The Red Brunette which I thought was so kind and thoughtful. So long story short this is a fab brush you use on wet and dry hair and if you love beauty and fashion I highly reccomend you check out flair.ie for some great beauty bargains. 
Hairspray Shaped Foundation Brush
There has been fierce hype all over the internet about the Artis brushes. I wanted to check them out but I wasn't going to spend more than €50 for a brush. The lovely Sophie, from @SophieMua9 showed this brush on her Snapchat and I had to try it out. I got it from a shop called Hairspray, they do hair extensions and salon supplies. This was €7 which is already amazing for a good foundation brush, but even more amazing in comparison to the other Artis brush dupes. It is a quite dense brush so it blends foundation and concealer amazingly. I even tried it for contouring one day and it worked very well. If you are a makeup lover I suggest you go out and try this brush as its very different to anything else that is out there.

L'oreal  Nude Magique Cushion Foundation - Porcelain
The minute I started seeing bloggers and you tubers talk about this foundation I knew I wanted to try it. After my exams I went on a bit of a shopping spree in Boots, that is when I picked this up. It is quite pricey for a drugstore foundation, but it is definitely worth it. There is a great shade range and the packaging is just gorgeous! It is a very lightweight foundation with a bit of a glow and light to medium coverage. Which is the exact type of foundations I tend to go for. I apply this with either the foundation brush from Hairspray or my Real Techniques Sponge. If you love your glow and lift coverage I would highly recommend you picking this up.
Maybelline - Master PreciseLiquid Eyeliner - Forest Brown
I only wear brown mascara as black looks really harsh against my pale skin. Brown pencil liners are quite easy to find, but brown liquid liners are so hard to get! I had a Sephora one but it just dried up and lost its pigment. So I started the hunt for a brown liquid liner. When I went into Boots on my big shopping spree I found this one from Maybelline and so far so good. It's quite pigmented, dark and stays on the eyes really well. I really want to try the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner but until I get my hands on that I will be using and loving this liner. 

Mac Mehr Lipstick
After I graduated I decided to treat myself to my first Mac lipstick, because I survived sixth year! I had a list of lipsticks on my phone that I wanted to see in person, so I went into Mac and swatched tonnes of lipsticks and finally decided to go with Mehr. It's a pinky nude that is slightly darker than moist pinky nudes. On my skin tone it looks quite dark, but not an unwearable type of dark. If I can't decide what lip product to put on I use this as it does with pretty much everything. It's not too warm toned, not too cool, not too bright. I think it is quite a universally flattering shade for most skin types and makeup looks.

Are there any products that you have picked up recently and been loving? Let me know down in the comments,
Ailbhe x 


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice post! I really need to get a new hairbrush as I have had mine of over 7 years now. I know Boots stock the Wet Brush so I'll wait until there is an offer on it.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you gal! do do I really like mine, its great for wet and dry hair highly recommend,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to get Mehr for ages, it's such a pretty shade!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the exact same! You should definitely pick it up, its such a gorgeous neutral wearable shade and it goes with everything!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig