Friday 17 June 2016

Budget Beauty

Since I did my first Budget Beauty Blogpost back in September I have been dying to do another one! I love picking up products that are cheap as chips to try them and let you guys know what I think of them. I was going to pick up a few bits from Catrice as I have never tried anything from them but I noticed these Essence products that really intrigued me and I asked on Twitter and ye all said go for the Essence things, so that exactly what I did. 





There are other things like eyeshadow sticks and matte lip pencils that look really nice but unfortunately they were always out of stock when I went to purchase them. So there are definitely more Essence goodies that I will hopefully be getting my hands on soon. 

Essence Liquid Lipstick - Beauty Secret: €3.10
We'll start with my not so favourite product. First of all the packing is very similar to the Bourjois Lip Stain so I was quite excited to try it out. The shade range is great and I went for this nudey pink which is the actual colour that it looks like in the tube, which doesn't happen that often. It hasn't got much of a scent which I personally like. The only let down for this product is the fact that it doesn't set and dry to be a long-lasting colour, which other liquid lipsticks do. It is quite like a thick lipgloss which I personally don't like.  I was expecting it to be a liquid lipstick but it was more of a thick, pigmented gloss. If that is what you're into then definitely check it out but, if you're like me and prefer a not so sticky product then give this one a skip.

Essence Prettifying Lip Oil - First Help, Pinky: 2.50
As soon as I saw this lip oil I instantly thought of the Clarins lip oil that I have been dying to try. This comes in 3 shades, a clear, pink and red. I originally wanted to get my hands on the clear one but it was always sold out so I opted for the pink. It's very sheer and I wouldn't use this as a lip colour but more of a treatment. This is not sticky at all and really left my lips feeling soft and moisturised. It also smells like sweets which is a bonus! This has definitely become a staple in my night time skincare routine. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you're a lip balm lover like me.

Essence Colour & Care Strengthening Nail Polish - Happy Nails: €2.50
My nails haven't been in the best condition lately so I was really intrigued when I saw this polish. I thought it was going to be gimmick and would be just like a normal polish but I was pleasantly surprised. It lasted well and when I removed it my nails didn't feel as dry and dehydrated as they would after I remove regular polish. It comes in 5 pastel colours, as they are the least likely to stain your nails. If you're like me and always like to have a coat of polish on your nails but want to give them a break then you might like to try this, I definitely recommend giving it a go.



As you can tell there are some amazing products for brilliant prices out there. 
What budget brand should I explore next?
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig