Tuesday 16 August 2016

Current Favourites

Hey guys! I hope you're well. I stopped doing 'Monthly Favourites' posts ages ago because I thought they were too repetitive. But I think it's nice every now and again to check in with ye and tell ye about my current favourites, so that exactly what I'm doing today. There's a mix of beauty, lifestyle and music so I hope you enjoy!


Bioderma Créaline Micellar Solution
I used this micellar water a couple of years ago and liked it at the time. When my brother was travelling this summer I asked him to pick up another bottle for me as it is much more expensive here in comparison to the price in France. I definitely think that its the best micellar water that  I have tried as it removes every single piece of makeup, including waterproof eye makeup and doesn't irritate the skin or eye area at all. You would think it's water because it has no scent and feels like water on the skin. It doesn't dry out the skin at all, which I find other micellar waters do. And it also comes in a huge bottle so it lasts for what seems like forever! If you are into micellar waters or want any easy way to remove makeup then I highly recommend this one. 
Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser
When I was on Twitter one day I was in contact with the Liz Earle Twitter account so I asked which moisturiser they thought would suit my skin. They replied really quickly and were so incredibly helpful as I was in between two moisturisers and I couldn't decide! They recommended this one. It nourishes and moisturises the skin without clogging it. The product itself has a neutral fresh scent that most Liz Earle products have, it is a lovely, light moisturiser but isn't too light so it actually moisturises the skin. It sinks in really quickly and feels great on my face. I will definitely be repurchasing this as it doesn't over-moisturise the skin and comes in a really handy pump bottle. 
PS Pro Longwear Finishing Powder - 01 Translucent 
If you saw my post about the PS range from Penneys (which you can read here) you would have seen that I picked up this loose, translucent powder. It is very messy to use but because it is so affordable I don't mind. It's a very finely milled powder that feels so soft on the skin. It doesn't create a white cast on the skin and sets everything in place really well. Along with setting everything, it doesn't take away the natural dewiness from your skin or foundation, which I find other powders doing. Really it is a lovely powder, does a great job and is as cheap as chips. So if you're looking for a new powder I would highly recommend this one.  
Sleek Highlighting Palette - Solstice
I originally wasn't going to try and hunt for this palette but one day when I went to Boots there was one left so of course I thought it was a sign and had to pick it up! There has been so much hype surrounding this palette and it is definitely worth all of that hype, it is amazing. It's definitely not for the faint hearted so if you don't like a strong highlight you mightn't love this. First of all the packaging is to die for. It contains one cream and three powder highlights in four stunning shades. I usually mix the yellow and gold toned posers together and apply them on the high points of my face. If you're big into your highlighters like me and you don't own this then I suggest you run to your local Boots and pick it up ASAP, 
Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream - Abu Dhabi
When Nyx was launched in Boots in Cork I had to pick something up. I had heard a lot about these matte liquid lipsticks but couldn't find them on the smaller Nyx stands so when I saw they had all of the colours in Boots I went for a classic nude. The packaging is lovely and simple, which I love and they're really affordable when it comes to liquid lipsticks. The formula itself is very easy to work with and dries to a matte which is really comfortable and soft on the lips. It wears evenly and lasts well. It has a sweet scent but you can't smell it once on the lips. If you haven't tried these lip products out yet I highly recommend you do and this shade is a great neutral, classic nude. 
Picture This
If you live in Ireland and haven't heard about this band then you must have been living under a rock. I first heard their most popular song 'Take My Hand' one evening on the Eoghan McDermott show on 2fm. This song then became the soundtrack to my life and I couldn't stop listening to it. After hearing the rest of their music I got tickets to their Crane Lane gig in September straight away, they're amazing!  They're two lads from a small town called Athy who are incredible singer songwriters, which is pretty hard to come by nowadays. They just released their debut EP which is as catchy as the rest of their songs. If you haven't heard them on the radio then click here to listen to the song that made them an overnight sensation. I can't stop listening to them recently and they did "Take My Hand" in Irish as well which is one of the many reasons I love them!
Grey's Anatomy
If you follow me on Snapchat or are friends with me you would know that I am a Grey's Anatomy fanatic and I blame Molly for this! I'm currently just about to start season 12 which is the final season. You have probably heard the buzz around this series and I thought it was going to be some stupid romance show and nothing happens in it, but oh boy was I wrong! A single show has so many things happening with following different relationships between surgeons and also following patients as they are treating in the hospital. I didn't think I'd like it because I'm really squeamish when it comes to blood etc but honestly it isn't bad that way at all and it's so worth it to put up with a bit of blood every once in a while. If you were thinking about starting this series then you definitely should, especially since you have a few weeks ahead of you to binge watch it! 
Louise O'Neill 
This month I have finished both of Louise O'Neill's books, 'Only Ever Yours' and 'Asking For It'. 'Asking For It' is a novel that every single human needs to read to try and understand the impact rape has on victims and the culture that surrounds in our society. I was honestly so angry after reading this book as it shows how little people know about taking advantage of young girls. 'Only Ever Yours' is a more abstract novel that took me a while to wrap my head around but it was definitely worth it. Again it portrays our society in a different light to show the importance of feminism and equality. Louise is a fellow Cork woman and it's amazing to see someone from this county achieve as much as she has. I'm very opinionated when it comes to these subjects so if you would like to hear more about my thoughts on these books let me know in the comments bellow! If you haven't read these books yet I highly, highly suggest you do, especially 'Asking For It ' as it deals with a very important subject. 

What are your current favourites? Let me know in the comments, 
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice post! I really want to try out some of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, I have heard so much about them but I am on a makeup buying ban at the moment.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gal! I always love seeing your comments. Oh you have to they're amazing! I always try to do makeup bans but they never work for me!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. i really want to get that sleek palette, going to look for it when i'm in the UK later this year!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get it, its so amazing! You can get it in Ireland as well so you might be able to find it online somewhere! It is definitely worth all of the hype,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig