Friday 26 August 2016

The Naked Collection

We've all seen those 'Pinterest Dupes Tested' videos circling around the Internet talking about the same copies for high-end products that we have heard hundreds of times. I'm not here to share any of those dupes! Today I'm going to talk about a make up dupe that I have heard next to nothing about.

If you don't know what a dupe is it's basically a replica of a high-end product that is a much lower price. Dupes are great if you want to save some money, are on a lower budget or if you want to try something similar before you invest in the more expensive product.

The Urban Decay Naked Palette is one of if not the most hyped up eyeshadow palette. And it is popular for a good reason. The eyeshadows are very creamy, highly pigmented, and blend together seamlessly. There is a great range of colours in this palette, especially if you are a lover of neutral eyeshadows like me. 

Although I could talk about how much I love this palette all day, the one thing I dislike about it is the price. It costs €47 which to me is very expensive for a makeup product. I actually got this from my brother for my birthday last year because I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on an eyeshadow palette. 
There is a palette from Boots that is so incredibly similar to the Naked palette and it costs a tenth of the price. The Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette costs €5.49 and is often on offer. This palette comes in six different shades and I'm tempted to go back and try out some more! The colour that is most similar to the Naked Palette is 'Nude Bronze'. Each shade is almost identical when swatted, and looks exactly the same on the eyes. 

Sometimes people think once the colours match its a dupe, but the formula has to be a replica too. Each shadow in the Collection palette is as creamy, if not creamier than the Urban Decay shadows. Each shade is equally as pigmented and both are very easy to blend. 
The first two shades of the Collection palette are dupes for 'Naked' and 'Sin' from the Urban Decay palette.
The second two shades are copies of 'Half Baked' and Smog', which are very popular shades from the Naked palette.
And finally the last shades from the collection palette are identical to 'Toasted' and 'Hustle' in the higher-end eyeshadow palette. 
I find it quite overwhelming when I want to use the Urban Decay palette because there are simply so many shades to chose from so I actually nearly prefer the Collection one for when I have no idea what I want to put on my eyes and I can just use a few from the smaller palette. 
Another negative about the Naked palette is that it is very inconvenient for traveling as it is quite big and bulky. So whenever I'm travelling I gravitate towards the lower end palette as it fits easily into any makeup bag.  
If you don't own the Urban Decay palette then I suggest you try out the Collection palette, it's so affordable and such high quality that there is no reason not to! If you do own the Naked Palette then you should pick up the Collection one anyway to marvel at how identical they both are, and for travelling when you want to use the Naked palette but are afraid it'll break, not fit into your bag etc. 

I'm very tempted to go to Boots soon and try out more of these palettes because I love this one so much! There are so many different shades that all look similar to other Urban Decay palettes.

Have you found any other high-end makeup dupes?
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post! I have never had a Naked palette and I might try out the Collection dupe before making the plunge to the Naked palette.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gal! Definitely do, thats what I did and it was a great transition especially to know if you want to spend that much money on the Naked palette,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig