Friday 5 May 2017

Bunsen Burger

If you know me well you know that I adore burgers and when I eat out 9 times out of 10 I will order a burger. So obviously I had to check out the new burger place in Cork called 'Bunsen Burger', (can we just take a moment for the incredible science pun name).

I called in after a blog shoot with my friend Clóda for lunch. We chose to sit outside since it was actually a nice day in Cork, for once! There was no wait time which was fab as they don't take reservations (unless you're in a big group). The decor was quite industrial and cool, but as I said we did sit outside so I didn't see much of it. 
As you can probably guess the menu was very burger focused but what surprised me was that's all they had on the menu! I guess they stuck to what they're good at which I appreciate. They had a choice between four burgers and then fries were extra but they were a meal in themselves. They had three choices of fries and I would recommend sharing them with someone unless you were ravenous. There were also milkshakes on offer that I will definitely have to try next time I visit. 
I opted for the cheeseburger which was amazing and the shoe string fries were to die for. The only thing I would love to see would be a visible vegetarian/vegan option on the menu so herbivores can also enjoy this fab restaurant.
The food was really affordable, great for a student budget and what I loved was that there was one menu, for lunch, dinner and everything in between. I hate when restaurants bump up the price of the same meals and portions just because of the time of day. I really enjoyed eating here it was nice and chill but still had a nice restaurant atmosphere. 
I really enjoyed Bunsen and will definitely be back soon when my exams are over. Have you tried any new restaurants or cafes in Cork? I'd love to hear what you thought of them in the comments below, 
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig