Tuesday 4 July 2017

Pinch Me, I Must Be Dreaming

Surprise! A midweek blogpost from yours truly, don't worry the usual blogpost will be up on Friday at 7pm as per usual. If I ever put up an extra blogpost during the week it will always be on a Tuesday at 7pm so don't be surprised if you see some Tuesday blogposts popping up over the summer from me. Anyway, today's blogpost is going to be all about last Thursday night and you would know what I got up to if you follow my social media. 

Last Thursday I was in Lillie's Bordello in Dublin at the Beauty Blog Awards, I was long listed in four categories and was lucky enough to make the shortlist in two categories which I never in a million years thought would happen to little ole me. I wanted to share some photos from the night with ye today and of course talk about my outfit. I wasn't able to get proper outfit photos on my camera because it was lashing outside and we were running late so the photos from my phone will have to do! 
So I was in between two outfit and I'm delighted that I went for this cream dress with ruffled sleeves. I kept everything else very simple because we all know I am such a minimalist when it comes to fashion. I added a pair of studded nude heels and a little nude clutch, that didn't fit anything in may I add! Because the dress had a v neck I layered up some gold jewellery to bring the whole outfit together. I'm delighted with how everything turned out and I will definitely be wearing this dress in the future. 

Dress - Missguided
Shoes & Clutch - Penneys 
Necklaces (top to bottom) - Penneys, Stradivarius & Vintage
My gorgeous friend Emer kindly agreed to come with me (her dress is also Missguided) & the blogger squad. Ciara (@ciaraswalsh), Denise (@holychic_blog), Sarah (@absolutegibberish_), Jodi (@jodirochemakeup) & Chloe (@chloeennis_)

Makeup wise I kept it very me, a light base with fresh looking skin, winged bronze eyes and a nude lip. I added some glitter to my eyes on top of a brown pigment to add some sparkle and some individual lashes to top everything off. I do looks very similar to this when I'm doing my Snapchat GRWM's if I'm going out, I didn't want to do anything different or crazy for me. 
I added some curls into my hair with a GHD straightener, once again something I would do when I'm going out. One thing I wanted to mention was the tan I used. My skin is literally see through because I'm that pale and usually I would just use some gradual tan on my legs but I wanted to use something a bit darker for the night. I used the Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan in the shade Light Matte and I absolutely loved it. I only put a really thin layer on because it is quite dark but I loved how it looked and it lasted a good few days. I will definitely be using it again in the future. 
It's so weird that you can get on so well with people that you have just met in person, that's why I love blogging so much it just brings so many people together and creates a community. I can honestly say that I have friends for life from blogging and I'm so excited to see what the future has in store for us all. I'm already planning trips around the country to see them all. 
I've tagged everyone's Instagram because you can get their blog/Snapchat from that, I thought it would be the easiest way for ye to find them all. Definitely go and check them all out, they are all so incredibly talented and amazing at what they do. 
The gang, Brian (@perpetualty), Ciara (@ciaraswalsh) & Emer (@emerowens37)
On the bus home I was legit thinking 'how is this my life' I am so incredibly lucky to be able to do all these amazing things because of my blog. Times like this definitely make the hard work and tough times worthwhile. Thank you for all the support, not only from being nominated and all the voting, but allowing me to share the things I love with ye, I can't thank ye enough and I really appreciate it.

If ye want to know what myself and Emer got up to in Dublin, where we stayed, and what we ate then come back here on Friday for a Dublin Travel Diary. I asked on Twitter whether ye wanted to see it or not and ye did so that's the plan for this week and I'll be back with an outfit post next week. Hope ye enjoyed this post all about the awards,
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice post! It looks like you had a wonderful night at the Awards and your outfit was on point and so pretty.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a fab time. Aw thank you so much gal!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. Oh Ailbhe I'm so so so happy for you!! You looked absolutely gorgeous on the night, I can see you at many more award nights in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! Aw you're so so good, hopefully, I feel like I'm getting places with everything,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig