Friday 18 August 2017

Swinging Sixties

Hey guys! I hope ye're well. Today I'm going to share an outfit with ye that has some of my favourite pieces included in it that I have been wearing all the time over the summer. It has quite a 60's vibe with the a line skirt, bright coloured top and the 'Od Skool' Vans have quite a retro feel. 
At the moment I'm trying to stop wearing jeans 24/7 and for college this year I am definitely going to try and wearing different things. That's why I decided to make this top and skirt combo more casual and changing the Vans for a pair of black heels would make for a perfect night out outfit. I would definitely have to add a pair of tights for this to be an everyday look because it's always fecking freezing here! 
I picked up this bright embroidered top in the New Look sale as I thought it would be good to inject some colour into my wardrobe because I'm usually a monochrome type of gal. I thought it would look really well with this white denim skirt and the light wash of the denim jacket. I of course had my usual jewellery and bag on because it wouldn't be an outfit post without them! 

This summer I have been living in this denim jacket that was actually my Mom's. It's perfect over dresses and skirts or even a good pair of black jeans. I honestly don't know what I wore before I had this oversized denim jacket in my life. These shoes were one of the purchases I made this summer with college in mind. A good staple pair of black Vans are always classic and comfortable especially for running around college all day while still looking quite fashionable. 
Talking about summer, my summer freedom is kind of starting now as I've finished up working until Christmas. I have a few days of volunteer work in college to do before I go back myself and I have quite a few adventures lined up before September rolls around. This weekend I'm actually heading off to Dingle and I'll be in Edinburgh for a few days shortly after that and no doubt I'll be in Dublin and maybe even Tralee before college starts. I cannot wait for my little adventures and I will be sure to share them all with ye on my social media, I'm planning to do a few more travel diaries as well on my travels so you can look forward to seeing them! 
Top - New Look 
Skirt - Asos 
Shoes - Vans
Jacket - Vintage 
Bag - Carvella 
Watch - Vintage Gucci 
Bracelets - Alex & Ani 
I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of colour in my outfits that was appropriately shot at the gorgeous rainbow steps in Cork that are on Popes Quay. I'll be back next week with a travel diary, 
Ailbhe x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig