Friday 13 October 2017

Products Worth Mentioning

Huy guys! Originally I was planning to do a food blogspot for this week but I have had the time to shoot that yet so hopefully I'll have that for ye next week. But for now, I'm going to talk about some products; skincare, makeup, and haircare that are worth talking about and that I've been using a lot and loving lately and thought I should mention. 

When I ran out of my Vichy Idealia Peeling toner I decided to give my skin a break and see what happened but I begin tor realise that my skin works really with a glycolic acid to keep texture at bay so I had to pick the  Pixi Glow Tonic up. This is definitely a hyped up product in the beauty world so I was very intrigued to try it. You definitely have to give skincare a while to see how your skin works with it but my skin is just about getting used to this and it's working really well for me so far. I found that my skin did get quite bad after starting to use this but I think that was just the product bringing all the bad stuff up to the surface. As this is an acid toner it is a chemical exfoliant so I use it every second night and make sure to use an spf the next day. I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you have problems with under the skin spots or little bumps if you have troubled skin like me. I would stay away from it if you have sensitive skin however because your skin may be too sensitive to take the acid. But I am delighted that I am reunited with an acid toner in my skincare routine. 
I have never been the type of perosn to use fake tan because it doesn't suit me, I'm just too pale for it. I did get into gradual tans for a while because of their light sheer wash of colour (you can read about my favourites here). The only thing I found was that you'd build up a colour over a few days but the day before an event when you shave your legs you'd lose all the colour. So I tried an instant tan or two, definitely a bad idea they were all so orange and patchy on me but then I found this one, it's the Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer. I actually bought it thinking it was an instant tan but it definitely takes a few hours to see the colour. First off this doesn't have a strong smell to it and is so easy to apply, all you have to do is spray it on and you're done. It has a really natural sheer colour to it as this is the light shade and it can be built up if you wanted a stronger colour. I shower, shave my legs, throw on some moisturiser, and once that sinks in I spray some of this on and I'm good to go. It's definitely been a life saver lately as it just blurs and smooths the skin by adding a light wash of colour. 
Leave in conditioners are a god send for frizzy dry hair, it's another layer of moisture that I find helps a lot with my hair. I'm always up for trying new ones because I don't really have a favourite so I said I'd try the Lee Stafford Coco Loco Coconut Spritz. It smells amazing, I'm a sucker for anything coconut scented and this is nice because it's not too strong and overpowering. I definitely think most leave in conditioners do the same thing really, but I definitely do enjoy using this and see a difference in my hair when I don't use it. I spray it onto damp hair before blow drying and it helps eliminate frizz and smooths everything out. If you have long hair or even just dry or damaged hair I would definitely suggest trying a leave in conditioner because you'd be surprised how much difference another layer of moisture can do to your hair. 
If you're an original viewer and used to read my posts in 2015 you would have seen that my brother picked the Bare Minerals Original Foundation in the shade Fairly Light up for me when he was in Sephora. I actually didn't use it for ages because it is the tiniest bit too dark for me (they have recently released a paler shade that I will definitely have to try out) and I was never into powder foundations but this summer I wore it everyday for work and now that I'm back in college I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Myself and my friends swear by powder foundation because it doesn't feel like you have anything on your face but it also covers everything you want to cover and it just blurs over imperfections. It's really easy to top up if you're going from day to night. If you have never tried a powder foundation I would highly recommend you try it out because it has changed my makeup life. 
Ever since I saw this on Cliona's blog I had to pick it up the Catrice Stylo Eyeshadow Pen - 030 Copper and Paste. Whatever products I have tried from Catrice they have always been amazing and I definitely need to try more from the brand. I had this eyeshadow stick on my wish list for a while but couldn't find it because they only have them on the bigger Catrice displays but I finally came across it in Tralee. I adore cream eyeshadows because they're so easy to apply and blend and this one from Catrice is a dream to apply. This one is quite a handy one to have in the makeup bag because I can throw into onto my lid as a wash of colour and shimmer or else layer it on top of darker shadows for a more dramatic look. I definitely want to pick up some more of these shadow sticks and as I said I definitely want to try more products from the brand because all the ones I have tried are fab! 
So there we have it, some products that I think are worth mentioning that I have been using a lot lately. Have you used any of these products?
Ailbhe x 




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post! I will definitely have to look into the Pixi Glow Tonic as I have heard so much about it but never really investigated the whole hype into it.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try, I'm fairly sure they do a miniature version that you could try first before investing,,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig