Friday 29 June 2018

Ice Cream In Cork

With this heatwave we're having I think it's fair to say that we are all eating ten times the amount of ice cream we usually eat. I thought it was a perfect excuse to add another post to my little Cork food series I've started. Today I'm going to share the fab places I like to get ice cream in Cork. I kept it specifically ice cream shops and in the city centre, which was actually harder than you think because it does rain 99% of the time in Ireland, ice cream shops really aren't a necessity. 
The first place I want to share is on Cook Street. This ice cream shop is called Vanilla & Co does all the classic flavours as well as amazing sundaes and sorbets. I went for their prosecco sorbet and it was actually divine, really fresh and fruity. They are very reasonably priced and have a good seating area to relax and chill. If you're looking for a classic ice cream then this is definitely the place to go. 
This next place is the newest addition to Cork with two shops on Oliver Plunkett Street as well as Paul Street. The shop on Paul Street is a lot bigger so for a better range that's the place to go. The place I'm talking about is Ginos which is a chain ice cream shop that are all around Ireland at this stage. They do different flavours using things like Kinder Beuno and Nutella as well as the classic ice cream we all love. The one thing about Ginos is how expensive it is, you would pay €3.50 for one scoop whereas it would be two something in the other places I'm mentioning in this post. But definitely the most central and one to try since it's new. 
And last, but by no means least we have Casanova Gelato. Although this is out a small bit from the very centre of the city it's well worth the few minutes stroll out. They do gelato, like Ginos, but they do some really interesting flavours like spiruli which is all natural and bright blue and it tastes amazing. This one that is pictured blue is their black vanilla which was so interesting and tasty. They also do amazing waffles and crepes that I've had a good few times as well. Definitely a place to check out if you have a sweet tooth. My Italian friend said to me once that they do the best gelato outside of Italy which definitely says it all. 
I definitely need to give an honourable mention to I Scream which is in Douglas Shopping Centre they do the most amazing 99's and have so many toppings. They also mix all different chocolate into the ice cream which is amazing. I didn't want to include them just because they weren't in town but if you're around Douglas you should definitely pop into them. 

So there we have it, my favourite places to get ice cream in Cork, comment down below if you think I've missed somewhere! 
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. All that ice-cream is making me want to go get some! I have tried Gino's a few times before but I haven't tried any of the others. Maybe next time in I'm in Cork I might try them.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legit making myself hungry again now!! Definitely do, Casanova is a must next time you're down.
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig