Friday 1 June 2018

Summer Lovin with PrettyLittleThing

Hey guys! So this is an exciting blogpost for me to write, it's a collab with PrettyLittleThing. I usually hate trying to dress for warmer weather so when I was contacted and asked would I like to pick out some bits from their Holiday Shop and style them to share with ye I decided to take the challenge and put together some summer outfits, perfectly timed with the weather we're having at the moment.
I always find it's quite a challenge dressing for warm weather when you're at home or in and around a city because when it's a beach or pool situation it's a lot easier to dress for the heat. Warm weather just doesn't mix well with my style and the typical summer clothes are bright and floral with ruffles or else barely covers what you want to be covered. In today's blogpost I'm going to share three outfits that I'll be living in for the summer that I think have the perfect mix of my style and summer vibes. I've also added the direct links to the pieces I've styled so you can check them out for yourself.
The first piece I'm going to share with ye is definitely the most versatile, it's this gorgeous rust buttoned dress. The colour helps it be a bit more understated and my style which I really like. The slight frill on the sleeve adds a bit of interest to it instead of being a plain shift dress. I paired it with some layered necklaces and my usual pair of Vans for a casual look but swap out for a pair of heels for a night out or sandals for a day at the beach. This also looks fab with a denim jacket layered over it. 
Dress - PrettyLittleThing (shop here
Shoes - Vans 
Necklaces - Penneys & Vintage 
Pinafores are always a good shout in the summer and I'm a big fan of this one because it is quite a lightweight denim so you wouldn't be roasting in it. Red and white stripes are always a good idea so I threw on a simple striped t-shirt on underneath. I threw on a pair of brown sandals to add more of a summery vibe. I would love to style this for a night out, I think a good pinafore is definitely a good casual wardrobe staple to have. 
Pinafore - PrettyLittleThing (shop here
T-shirt (worn underneath) - Zara 
Sandals - Penneys 
This is what I like to call the Irish summer outfit because you never know when it's going to be hot or lashing raining and there's no in between. While this outfit is still summery it definitely isn't for the really hot days and for the ones when it's raining but still warm and muggy. This crochet top is perfect to throw over a bralette or bandeau that can be dressed up or down or else even over a bikini for the beach or pool. I love pairing this with a pair of black skinny jeans for a night out or with these straight leg jeans for a more casual chilled look. I added a simple pair of black sliders as well as a colourful hairband to add some colour to the look. 
Crochet top - PrettyLittleThing (shop here
Jeans - Topshop 
Hairband - New Look 
Bandeau (worn underneath) & Sliders - Penneys 
So there we have it, my summer lookbook with PrettyLittleThing. If you want to check out more of their gorgeous holiday bits you can visit their Holiday Shop
Ailbhe x 

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Nice post! All your looks are fabulous! I love the dress especially, I feel like it could work for both Summer and Autumn.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Definitely, throw on a pair of tights and boots and you're sorted.
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. The photos in western gateway are making me nostalgic for college! It's only been a couple of months but I already miss it.
    Love the crochet top! Looks like it could go with anything ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! Spend way too much time there in labs but can't wait to get back!!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  3. I like your blog very much! ! Everything is so beautiful! I like your style of writing and your photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it! Pretty Little Thing Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig