Friday 5 October 2018

Skincare Switch

I'm an absolute skincare addict and I feel like everyone is switching up their skincare recently, me included. I've seen so many skincare hauls and new routines everywhere online so I decided to share my recent skincare repurchases, some new additions to my routine and some old skincare favourites just in case you're thinking of doing a skincare switch. 
The Ordinary Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil 
This first product is fairly new to my routine but I didn't want to talk about it until I was sure I was a fan. Rosehip oil is meant to be amazing for acne scars when used for a while so I can't tell you if I've seen any difference with that yet. But it's such a lovely oil to hydrate your skin. I use this after my toner and before moisturiser every couple of nights just to add some extra hydration to the skin. It doesn't smell amazing but then again if it's going to help with acne scars I'm more than willing to try it. Most rosehip oils are quite expensive whereas this is really affordable which is why I love The Ordinary.

Lush Tea Tree Water 
I have been using Lush toners for years and honestly think they're the best as they don't aggravate the skin. I love their Eau Roma which is a calming, moisturising toner but I'm currently using their Tea Tree Water which is amazing for blemish prone skin. I never like to use anything too drying on my skin when it comes to fighting spots but this is the perfect antibacterial product that is a non drying formula. I use this both day and night after I wash my face and it definitely calms any spots or inflammation down. 
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 
Since I talked about a hydrating oil already from The Ordinary I thought I'd chat to ye about their Salicylic Acid instead of banging on about their Hyaluronic Acid (which is a great hydrating serum that everyone and their mother seems to be buying at the moment). This is so incredible for drying out spots and it's so handy to have on hand for any emergencies. I mix between using this and Sudocrem because this is clear and sinks in straight away it's a lot easier to throw on. You can pop a bit on one spot or add a thin layer over an area to keep spots at bay. I use this as the very last step in my routine at night.

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer 
Now this last product could be seen as either a last step in skincare or first step in makeup but I'll throw it in anyway because I'm a huge fan. I'm a big fan of silicone based primers that feel really smoothing on the skin. This is first of all really affordable and isn't too slippy on the skin but helps makeup sit well and not sink into pores. You could add this on your skin if you weren't wearing makeup just to smooth over your skin, it's a very versatile skincare/makeup hybrid product.

So there we go, my skincare repurchases of the last few weeks, confessions of a skincareaholic! Hope you enjoyed this post and it inspired you to try some new skincare bits.
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig