Friday 14 December 2018

The Festive Trio

Now that exams are almost over and the last of assignments are handed it, it's finally time for Christmas and the festivities that come with it. It's time for the family nights, the friend reunions, the nights out because 'sher look it's Christmas'. And with all of that comes the 'I have nothing to wear' dilemma. So this is where this blogpost will hopefully help you with three outfit ideas for the different occasions  that you'll probably encounter over the festive season.

The Family Gathering 
Now the first occasion we're going to deal with is the family gathering. The struggle with how dressy or casual to go is always the hardest so I put this outfit together that's either a casual dressy or a dressy casual (with no ripped jeans in sight, anyone else's grandparents seem to harp on about how your knees will be cold and you're only wearing half a pair of jeans?!). 
A cosy jumper and leather skirt is a great way to mix the dressy and casual together, I kept it really neutral because it's Ailbhe we're talking about. Heeled boots are the easiest things to throw on because they're not as uncomfortable as heels and I genuinely live in this pair for nights out, I thought they dressed the outfit up quite nicely.

Jumper - Penneys 
Skirt - Stradivarius 
Boots - Dunnes 

The Dressy
There's always at least one random event that you have to get dressed up for over Christmas, or even just a dressy night out maybe New Years. I think culottes are a good alternative to skirts and dresses if you can't hack the bare legs this time of year like me.
Sequins also scream festive season so I wanted to picked something up for this year and I found this gorgeous top in Penneys, it looks kind of black but throws gorgeous colours when the light hits it.  Because the top is such a statement I went for just a plain black pair of culottes and some strappy black heels, perfect for a festive night out.
Top - Penneys 
Culottes - Boohoo 
Heels - New Look 

The Jeans & A Nice Top
And finally, probably the hardest one to figure out is the nice top and jeans because what top is a nice top. Usually we all go for the skinny black jeans for this one so I wanted to show you how I dressed up these more casual mom jeans.
As I said earlier, heeled black boots are a go to and they definitely help dress up this look. The belt ties it all together and adds a bit of detail that dresses it up. So next time you think about the jeans and a nice top combo, don't go straight to your trusty black skinny jeans.  
Top - River Island 
Jeans - Topshop 
Belt - Penneys 
Boots - Dunnes 

So there we have it, the festive trio of outfits to suit the different nights out over the Christmas season. I hope you all have a fab Christmas and I'll hopefully be chatting to ye again before the New Year, 
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post! I love your family gathering outfit as it isn't too dressy or too casual which is perfect. I normally end up wearing something too dressy or too casual so it's nice to see something in between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gal. Exactly, it's a hard one to get right!
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig