Friday 29 April 2016

Winged Rose

Today I am going to show you how I have been loving to do my makeup recently. I am always struggling to apply liquid eyeliner but love the look of a wing so I have been using an eyeshadow in place of liner and it looks just as good! I'm also someone who never wears blush but I have been loving 
this natural rose toned one lately. 

The lovely Jen from TooDollyMakeup hosted a giveaway recently and I won, and I never win anything! She gave me a gorgeous makeup bag and notebook, and she kindly filled the bag with some makeup, which was so incredibly generous of her. The notebook will be featured in a blogpost soon, but this blush is the product I am constantly using and it inspired this tutorial, Winged Rose. 


Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter
Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - Light Porcelain 
Urban Decay Naked Concealer - Fair Neutral
Natural Collection Loose Powder - Translucent 
Mac X Ellie Goulding Compact - I'll Hold My Breath 
Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush - Pink Rose
Essence Make Me Brow - Blondy Brows 
Maybeline Brow Satin - Blonde
Urban Decay Primer Potion 
Urban Decay Naked Palette 
Maybeline Lash Sensation Mascara - Brown
Sephora Colour Lip Lock Matte Lipstick - Natural Pink

To start everything I applied a primer, that leaves a dewy finish on the skin, onto cleansed and moisturised skin.  I followed that with a light to medium coverage foundation. I blended this in with a sponge to create a natural finish. I then concealed any imperfections with a weightless yet full coverage concealer. 


I set the concealer with a translucent loose powder. I love this one from Natural Collection as it is so cheap and does a great job, I would highly recommend picking it up. To add colour to my cheeks I dusted a small bit of rose toned blush onto the apples of my cheeks. To finish the skin off I swept some bronzer around the perimeter of my face to add some depth and warmth.


To keep my brows in place and to add a bit of colour I combed a tinted brow gel through them. After that had set and dried I filled in any sparse areas in with a waxy pencil. To prime the eyes I patted some primer onto them and then placed two sticky tabs either side of my eyes to help create the perfect wing. I know it looks crazy but it is so helpful and works!


From the Naked Palette I swept 'Naked' into my crease to add some definition. With a smaller brush I popped 'Buck' into my outer corner. I blended everything out with a big fluffy brush, To add some shimmer to my lid I used 'Sin' and then highlighted my inner corner with 'Virgin'. After spritzing my brush with some water to make the shadow more pigmented I used 'Hustle' to create a wing. I outlined my lash line and then created a little line from my lash line out towards the end of my brow, this is where the sticky tabs come in really handy. 


To finish the look off I curled my lashes, added two coats of a brown mascara to add a softer look. To top everything off I applied a rose coloured matte lipstick. I love the contrast between the dewy skin and the matte lip.


And were done! A natural dewy look with winged liner and rose tinted cheeks and lips. 



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Do you prefer my usual tutorial set up or is this mirror situation better? Let me know in the comments!
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You lucky thing! It is such an interesting angle using a mirror to take pictures. Nice post.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Róisín! My brother, who took the pictures, was not too happy about it because it took a while to figure it out! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig