Friday 14 April 2017

The Irish Bloggers Are Dead And Gone, They're With Carter In The Grave

So if you follow any Irish blogger on social media you probably would have heard the drama about a very famous Irish tanning brand. If you have no idea what I'm talking about you can read about it here. I'm not going to go into it here because everyone has different opinions and thoughts about the situation and we'd be here for days otherwise. The whole thing made me think about why I blog and I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions with you. 

I have so much respect for bloggers because I personally understand how much work and effort goes in behind the scenes but it is truly degrading when people use the term blogger loosely. If they don't have website called a blog they are not a blogger. Having a blog is literally a full time job, a lot of people don't understand that. So when we are painted with the same brush and called non-authentic and that the blogging community is dead and the opinion of an Irish blogger has no value then you can understand why we were frustrated, angry, and hurt.
This whole controversy has reminded me why I started this whole blog thing in the first place and why I continue to do it. Even though it is sometimes so incredibly difficult and frustrating, it all pays off when you reach personal milestones and making life long friends with other bloggers in the community.
I think the whole drama in the Irish blogging community has blown over but we will still be scarred by the words of others. We are now stronger than ever and have even more love for one another. I know I'm using the pronoun 'we' instead of 'I' and that's deliberate. The Irish blogging community is a tight knit group of like minded people who support each other in everything they do, which is truly amazing.

So yah, a very influential person (whose company I will no longer be supporting) told the masses that Irish bloggers aren't trustworthy and our industry is dead but we rose above her and fought for what we believe in.
I can't have a chatty blogpost without talking about the outfit itself! This is actually a very basic outfit if you think about it, some dark wash jeans,white t-shirt, black flats and everyday jewellery. What makes it special is the velvet, lace cami that I layered over the white t-shirt. I love this outfit because you can easily dress it up or down, add a pair of heels and you'd be sorted! 

Cami & T-shirt (worn underneath) - Penneys 
Jeans - Topshop
Watch - Vintage Gucci 
Bracelets - Alex & Ani 
Shoes - Penneys (years ago)
Photography by Clóda.
I hope you enjoyed this chatty post with an outfit thrown in. What are your opinions on the whole controversy? Let me know down in the comments or on my social media. 
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Fantastic post Ailbhe, so well said 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gal! I definitely wanted to address the whole situation,
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I think you have said what a lot of us Bloggers are thinking after this whole ordeal.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig