Friday 23 June 2017

A Few Of My Favourite Things

I've realised that there are lot of things I love at the moment that I haven't discussed on my blog yet but may have showed ye on my social media platforms. So that's exactly what I'm going to do today, share my current favourite things with ye. Also, everything is linked to make it easy for you to shop and check the products out. 
The first thing I want to talk about is a brow combo that I have been absolutely loving to create a fluffy yet defined brow. I've heard loads of people talk about this brow pencil and it being a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz so I really wanted to try it out.The one I'm talking about is the  Nyx Micro Brow Pencil - Chocolate. It's such a fine pencil so it's easy to create little strokes to mimic brow hairs. The other product in this paring is the Essence Make Me Brow Gel - Soft Browny Brows that ye have heard me harp on about for ages now, but I picked it up in a new shade that is perfect for my brows. I used use the blonde shade along with a blonde pencil and I'm obviously not blonde, but I found brow products targeted for brunettes were too dark for me but this pairing is absolutely perfect for my brows and is now a staple in my routine. 
Back in the middle of May I was invited to an Xposé Vichy event and I was kindly gifted some Vichy products (some of which I have always wanted to try). I have been loving the Vichy Idealia Peeling Toner, this has definitely been the product that has changed my skin and especially the texture of my skin. It's a glycol acid toner which means it's a chemical exfoliant. I use this most nights after I cleanse my skin and the texture of my skin has definitely improved. I used have loads of under the skin bumps which have gone and the amount of blackheads and whiteheads I have has gone down. You can't use it the during the day as your skin is more sensitive when it's applied and you should wear an SPF the next morning to protect your skin. 
Another skincare product that I've been loving but that isn't pictured here because I've used it all up is the Sephora Algae Sleeping Mask, you can read all about it in my blogpost here.  I love this because it doesn't dry out your skin but helps heal spots while you sleep. So if you don't have time to do a usual face mask, let it dry and wash it off you can just throw this on at night after you cleanse your skin and it works its magic overnight. It was really affordable too and I got several uses out of this container, I wish I picked some more up over there!
I'm usually not a lover of more statement lipsticks but I have been loving the Kiko Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick - 301Beige. For some people this definitely isn't a statement but it's a warm toned nude that is quite dark on my skin tone. I have been loving pairing this with a bronze eye and highlighted skin, it's so summery. It doesn't have the best lasting power but pairing it with a lip liner definitely helps that. This was another product featured in my recent haul and it has defiantly been the standout makeup item.
You would have seen these amazing Penneys Orange Strappy Sandals in my last blogpost. I won't go on about them too much because I chatted all about them in that blogpost. But I honestly didn't think I would get as much wear out of them as I have. Whenever I'm going out I always throw them on and they add so much to an outfit, definitely one of my recent favourites.

If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen my new baby that I treated myself to after finishing my exams. It's the Carvela Kurt Geiger Mia Bag and once again I didn't think I'd get as much wear out of it as I have. It's the perfect size as it fits all the essentials without being too big and it goes with everything. Definitely delighted that I made the purchase, even though it wasn't as expensive as you'd think because I found it in TK Maxx.
Another go to item in my wardrobe recently is this Oversized Denim Jacket that was actually my Moms. I love pairing this with some black jeans, a nice top and the two items I have mentioned above. It literally goes with everything and is a very easy layering piece. I still haven't braved the double denim trend but maybe Iwill in the near future with this fab piece. I think everyone should have a solid denim jacket in their wardrobe, and this is mine.

I honestly can't remember the last time I read a book but I finally bit the bullet and started reading Milk & honey by Rupi Kaur. If you enjoy inspirational quotes then you will definitely love this book. It is a book of poems but they are all very short and sweet and some of them have stuck with me. I'm very in tune with my emotions and I love reading things like poems or quotes that put feelings into words. It's the type of book that you could flick through or sit down and have a good read of, but I highly recommend giving this a go.
The last thing I want to chat about is an app that I was recommend by the lovely Clóda. It's the perfect app for any bloggers or people who love Instagram. The app I'm talking about is UNUM, which is basically where you can look at the layout of your Instagram feed and see which photos go together better. You can basically design your Instagram feed on it which is very handy for any social media addicts. It is quite hard to explain but you'll understand it straight away when you download it because it's so easy to use.
So there we go, a very long catch up about my favourite makeup, skincare, fashion and lifestyle products recently. Are there any things you've been loving recently? Let me know in the comments,
Ailbhe x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig