Friday 16 June 2017

Orange Is The New Black

Hi guys! I feel like it's been a while since I did an outfit post, so that's what I'm going to do today. There are a few pieces that I've added to my wardrobe and I've been loving them recently so I put them together to create a summery, well, Irish summery outfit. Although this outfit is quite casual, the pop of colour with the strappy sandals definitely dresses it up so it's perfect for any summer occasion. 
Originally I saw my cousin's girlfriend wearing these sandals and I literally ran to Penneys to find them. They had several colours including  a light blue, khaki, and black. I'm a monochrome kind of gal and on an everyday basis I'm not one to wear colour. I'm a sucker for a good black shoe and you will almost always find me wearing a pair of  black shoes, they just go with everything. 
I was so tempted to pick up the black pair and they would be perfect for nights out because of the small heel, you'd be able to last the whole night in them. But I stepped out of my comfort zone and went for this orange red shade. Surprisingly they go with more than you'd think because I wear neutral colours. They look fab with both pants and bare legs, which doesn't happen with every shoe. These shoes definitely gave me an 'orange is the new black' moment. 
So as you can guess the shoes were the main focal point of the outfit. I sticked with neutral colours to build the outfit, what else would you expect from me let's be honest! I went for a classic white shirt which I've been loving recently, it just goes with everything and dresses things up. I would usually go for a pair of black jeans but I went for a pair of light blue ripped jeans. It makes the outfit more casual but also gives it more of a summery feel with the light colours. To tie everything together I accessorised with my usual watch and a simple gold necklace.
Shirt - Vintage (originally my Granny's)
Jeans - Topshop
Sandals & Sunglasses - Penneys
Necklace - Stradivarius
Bag - Carvela
I'm so incredibly tempted to try and find these shoes in black because I absolute adore them. If you're like me and stick to monochrome, then why not try a bright accessory for summer?
Ailbhe x 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig