Friday 23 March 2018

Beauty Roundup

Hey guys! Sometimes there are products that I really want to share with ye and talk about but don't have the perfect post to do it in. So I just throw them into one big beauty roundup or new in beauty post, and that's exactly what I'm doing today. These products are either new to me or I just haven't had the chance to chat about them yet so I'll tell ye exactly what I think of them and why I needed to share them with ye. 

Lancome Teint Idole Foundation - 005*
If you follow my social media you would have seen me pop into the girls in Lacome in Brown Thomas in Cork recently. Both times I went in they used their very well known Teint Idole foundation on me and as I've used the sample and have gotten used to the formula I have been loving it. It's definitely a medium buildable coverage with a semi-matte finish. It has a lovely subtle glow to it and because of that I love mixing it into other more matte foundations. I'm so tempted to purchase the full size once I use up the sample because it's a very versatile foundation because you can build it up or wear it sheer. 


Nyx Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter - Moon Glow, Rose Quartz*
I've definitely gotten a lot more into cream contour lately and I've started dipping my toes in cream highlight too. These are from Nyx and the packaging first of all is really handy. It's almost like a lip gloss applicator so can be put straight onto the high points of your face and blended in. I found a damp sponge worked best to blend these in and I loved mixing them together for a lovely rose gold glow. Moon Glow is the pale almost white shade and Rose Quartz is the copper toned one which is definitely too dark for me to use on its own as a highlighter so I love to mix it or else use it on my eyelids. These are very versatile multi-use products and have definitely gotten me to experiment a bit more with makeup recently. 
Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl - Cocoa Bean
So I had the eyeliner for absolutely ages and I think I left it in Galway when I was up there and honestly nothing else worked as well as this one did so I had to repurchase it. It's a really dark brown which I love as it isn't as harsh and it is completely waterproof. I tried every other pencil I owned in my waterline and it would just transfer or run but this stays put and doesn't budge, it's amazing. I also love using this on my lash line smudged in because again it doesn't go anywhere and it's really creamy and easy to blend. The next time you need to pick up an eyeliner when you run out, definitely pick this one up, it's so affordable and is so so amazing. I haven't used any other liner that works half as well as it. 


Maybelline Lash Sensational - Waterproof Black
About a month ago I got so sick of wearing mascara because it always smudges everywhere after a couple of hours so I said I'd pick up a waterproof one since I had been using non-waterproof formulas. I had used this mascara when it first came out and I remembered loving it so I said I'd give it another go and I'm so glad I did. It stays put so well and gives such amazing length and volume to my lashes to the point where I don't have to wear falsies. If you're in the market for a new mascara definitely give this one ago, it's cheap and cheerful and works so so well. 
Nyx Lip Lingerie - Satin Ribbon*
I always adore Nyx lip products so I was delighted to test this one out. It's a matte liquid lipstick and literally doesn't budge at all. It has a really nice applicator and dries down almost straight away. I do tend to wear a lip liner underneath to warm up the colour a small little bit but other than that it is fab. I have never found it drying on the lips at all and as I said, lasts like there's no tomorrow. I definitely want to try out more colours in the range since I already know I adore the Lip Lingerie products I'm sure I'll love these just as much. 


Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick - Amulet
Another liquid lipstick to talk about, they're the only lip product I'll wear these days because they last so well. This one definitely takes a good while to dry down and in my experience is better used without a lip liner. It has a slightly metallic look which is a really nice change from the usual matte lips and isn't too metallic to make it unwearable. The shade is slightly darker which makes it a little bit of a statement which I love pairing with a simpler eye look. It again lasts really well and doesn't bleed since it is a darker colour. Another fab liquid lipstick to have in my collection. 
Herbalife Skin Hydrating Eye Cream* 
I used to never use eye cream and recently I've gotten so into it because my eye area has been quite sensitive. I was sent this along with some more products from the range which I am still testing out but I could tell straight away that I loved this eye cream. It has quite a balmy texture and a nice subtle scent. The pump on the top makes it really hygienic which I'm a big fan of as well as easy to apply. It hasn't irritated my sensitive eyes at all and has done a really great job at moisturising the area. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the rest of the range seeing as I got on so well with this product. 

So there we have it, some skincare and makeup that is new to me recently. Have you tried any new products recently?
Ailbhe x 

Products marked with an asterisk have been given to me by PR or by the brand, this does to in anyway affect my opinions or reviews as they are always honest and non-biased. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig