Friday 16 March 2018

Tabletop Cork

Every so often I love to try out a new cafe, bar, or restaurant and bring the camera with me to share my experience with you. This week myself and my friends headed somewhere that is like nothing else in Cork, a board games cafe. 
Tabletop is on Castle Street just around the corner from Captain Americas so it's just as central to the city centre like other bars and cafes. The general idea is that you can chill out with some good food and drink and play whatever board games you want.

They serve some amazing cakes and sweet treats as well as coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages and everything in between. They also do toasted sandwiches, soup and sharing boards so you definitely won't get hungry or thirsty playing. I had the Nutella cake which was divine and my friends had the chocolate orange which I tasted and I will definitely be getting next time.
You can just go in for a coffee or drink or whatever but if you want to play the boardgames you're charged €4 per person which is definitely worth it for the range of games they have and the craic that is had while playing them. You can play as many games as you want and the staff there are really helpful with trying to find any particular games or even suggest some games to you.
They're open until 11pm most nights so it's a great place to have a drink over a few board games whether that be coffee during the day or something alcoholic in the evening. I'm already figuring out when I can go back because going for coffee or a drink with friends is grand but this place puts a different spin on that. It's the first place like it in Cork, you should definitely pop in some day and check it out for yourself.
 If there is anywhere in Cork you'd like me to try out and do a blogpost on then be sure to let me know in the comments or on my social media,
Ailbhe x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig