Friday 27 July 2018

How To: Festival Face

Last year I shared some festival makeup looks and it went down very well (you can read it here) so I decided to share some tips on festival makeup as well as a festival face with ye. It's always fun to mess around with different makeup and festival makeup is always a great way to experiment.
The first thing to think about when it comes to your festival face is wear time, it definitely needs to be long lasting and something you don't have to worry about during the day and night. I would suggest going for a light base because it could be sunny and you don't want it to slide off your face and it's also quick to throw on in your tent. Setting spray is ALWAYS a good idea, I love the Makeup Revolution Setting Spray.

When you're thinking of what to pack in your makeup bag for the weekend make sure you bring a mirror because that's something that could easily be forgotten. Products that multitask are great to save some room, why not use a blush as an eyeshadow as well or an eyeliner to create some dots above your eyebrows.
Think outside the box when it comes to the product uses. I used a liquid tint on my face. Last year I used blush as eyeshadow and eyeliner to put stars on my face. If you're doing this just make sure the product is safe to use, especially around your eyes. A product that never goes astray is eyelash glue, use it for lashes, glitter, and gems. It's a good one to have in the festival makeup kit.

It's all well and good putting on this really colourful makeup but taking it off can be another story. Using a dual phase eye makeup remover is always a  good idea when it comes to colourful eyeshadow and long lasting makeup. My personal favourite is from Garnier Express 2in1 Makeup Remover.
For this look I used the BPerfect X Stacey Marie Carnival Palette to create a colourful base for this Nyx Loose Glitter on top. The face gems I used are from Superdrug and the brand is called The Gypsy Shrine. To tie in the face gems I added some silver Soap & Glory Crazy Sexy Kohl in my waterline. And lastly, like all festival makeup looks, I added some colourful dots over my brows with a Nyx Lip Lustre lipstick.

So there we have it, my festival makeup look and tips. Even though I'm sadly not going to any festivals this year if you're going to Indie or EP in the coming weeks I hope this is some help to you.
Ailbhe x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the look!! I’m not going to any festivals this year but I’ll definitely come back for inspiration when I do go.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig